Some of the people who have heard cannabis as a prohibited drug asked why still users keep on consuming it. Do they have no care on themselves why they keep under the domination of the said plant? These are among the common questions left unanswered because of the growing population of cannabis users. Plus, some of these users became not “only users” but “dependants”. The uncontrolled growing population of cannabis users proved that the plant is not that bad as you were thinking.
The uses of cannabis
Did you know that ghostdrops can clarify the two uses of cannabis? Indeed, cannabis offers three different uses: medicinal, recreational, and spiritual uses.
- Medical cannabis. It is also commonly known as medical marijuana. It refers to the medicinal use of cannabis and cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are content of the plant that helps to treat disease. Although the precise scientific study of cannabis as a form of medicine, still some countries classified it as an illegal drug. Medicinal cannabis can be used for improving appetite, reducing vomiting and nausea during chemotherapy, treat muscle spasms, and treat chronic pain. A lot of researchers are looking at the possible benefits that the plant can provide such as treating health conditions. Now, these researchers found out that cannabis can treat the following diseases:
- Autoimmune disease
- seizure disorders
- psychiatric disorders and more
The CBD (cannabidiol) found in cannabis is a cannabinoid that does not have psychoactive effects. It can treat two rare types of epilepsy. CBD can relieve the inflammation and pain that occurs with arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Recreationa When consuming cannabis, you can get physiological and psychoactive effects. It also has immediate side effects such as euphoria, relaxation, changing of conscious perception, increased libido, increased sensational awareness, and time perception distortions.
- Spiritual. Several religions held cannabis as sacred. The plant served as an entheogen. It is a chemical substance used in spiritual, shamanic, or religious contexts.
The side effects
When speaking about side effects, nothing has no side effects if used too much. You may not want to know the side effects of the plants, but, being a user or future user, you need to be aware of how it goes.
There is a short-term side effect such as the following:
- Dry mouth
- Impaired motor skills
- Lessens short-term memory
- Paranoia feeling
- Red eyes
For the long-term side effects are the following:
- Chronic coughing
- Lessens mental ability
- Sensitivity to respiratory infections
Cannabis might be prohibited from other countries. But, several regions accepted the use of it, in moderation. Although there are no heavy evidences of how the plant can treat various diseases, still many users are continuously using it. The fact that they are satisfied, they also feel calmed once they consume it.